Monday, September 1, 2008

i love my neighbors

as I was cleaning up and moving out this week, I found a few things I no longer needed, but thought someone could probably use them. I had a garage sale last week that took care of a lot of it, but i just kept finding stuff I didn't need. this is how we do it in the land of the hippies:
Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:17 PM


Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Someone even hung up the jeans for me to advertise! A few hours later all of this was gone and I put out a fresh batch. This was a relatively small batch compared to the rest of the days. My neighbors are great. When John, who I had only had a few short conversations with, was taking some tupperware off my hands a few days later he wandered up to my door and asked me where I was moving to. He used to live in LA and immediately started calling his friends over there to see if anyone needed a roommate. Hyde Park people, thank you for showing me how to be a good neighbor. I will miss you.

6 comments:

little naive said...

I think the best part is that in the first picture you're giving away a photo of what looks like buddies of yours. HA HA HA. Makes me laugh.

marc said...

you might think that, but really it was a frame Jeff put up just so there'd be something on the wall...A YEAR AGO! the people in it are those weird people that just come with the frame...

katie henbest said...

it will miss you back.

SimplyGrove said...

When I drive thru there next I will say hello from Marc:) In fact I will shout it and honk my horn and if anyone looks at me weird I will throw ice cream on them!

marc said...

easy Kirst. it's a pretty peaceful neighborhood.

JML said...

Oh man, Kirst just made me laugh out loud really early in the morning. Good job lady, good job!