Friday, August 8, 2008

a mustache brotherhood



I have a mustache. it's just a subtle one, nicely trimmed, with a soul patch, you know, to get that artsy flavor.




Last week during a routine lunch stop at the Great Harvest Bread Co. something that i'm sure has existed since the beginning of time (or maybe since the sixth day of creation) became known to me. I was standing in line waiting to order a sandwich and there was a guy slicing off bread samples for those waiting in line. I heard him saying, "Sir, can a slice you a piece of (fill in the bread of the day)?." But when he got to me it was, "What can I get you Bro? I called you bro becuase I noticed your mustache and [pointing at his upper lip] i'm trying to get one of those going too. Is it that simple?

Mustache [pointing at me] ?
Mustache [pointing at you]?
Brothers?

Then today...
When i went to send off my scholarship application today (which was way too expensive, cuz I waited till the last minute) something fantastic happened! As I was leaving the parking lot another guy with a mustache was entering. We both had our windows down. We smiled. We nodded. We knew. Brothers.

7 comments:

marcushackler.com said...

Sadly, I am not a part of this brotherhood. I wonder if there is a "chin curtain" brotherhood?

JML said...

Chin curtain? Yuck. I knew there was a mustache brotherhood, or I guess at least I speculated because young guys with mustaches are all...different from everyone else. They're kind of weird.

Tracy Wilde said...

oh please... that's all i can say to this "mustache brotherhood." if you've seen one gross mustache, you've seen them all.

marc said...

Mama Mia,

Are you calling MY mustache gross?

Kevin said...

Sounds kinda gay. Not Prince gay, but Frodo/hobbit gay. Don't think I'll ever join, my wife refers to them as molestaches.

SimplyGrove said...

I know Shane would love to be your brother:)

little naive said...

You have to be a brotherhood, everyone else is scared of you. JK...kind of. Sorry...most are scary. Your's is ok. It's part of what makes you a super hero I guess...What is with guys and mustache's????!!!