Wednesday, December 31, 2008

ye ol' year end music list

My Favorite Records of 2008
(In no particular order)


The Hold Steady – Stay Positive
Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes
Beck – Modern Guilt
B.B. King – One Kind Favor
Sigur Rós - Meo suo Ì eyrum vio spilum endalaust
Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago
Ra Ra Riot – The Rhumb Line
The Punch Brothers – Punch
Frightened Rabbit – The Midnight Organ Fight
Derek Webb & Sandra McCracken – Ampersand EP
Damien Jurado – Caught In the Tree
Radiohead - In Rainbows


When i compiled this list, i had to cut out a few that apparently we're from 2007 or earlier and I had just gotten hip to, so let me know what i missed!

6 comments:

J said...

Oooo, I was thinking the e-mail would be a good blog post. I ended up downloading Ampersand and Sigur Ros and am really enjoying both albums. Thanks for the suggestions!!! I still have more to digest from your list.

katie henbest said...

look at those Fleet Foxes - we loved that show.

katie henbest said...

are you into Kings of Leon yet? so good. and i've been listening to this Irish folk guy - Mark Geary - love some of his stuff.

marc said...

i dig the Kings, especially "becuase of the times." haven't got into the new one yet though...i'll have to check out Mark Geary.

kylee said...

going off of Katie's Kings, I personally like Kings of Convenience. Great writing and consistent sound, without every song sounding too similar. Also what do you think of Bon Iver's new ep? I can't stop listening to 1 & 2 but can't really listen all the way through on tracks 3 and 4

marc said...

word, kylee. they should have cut down that piano intro on track 3 and could have ended track 4 about a minute before they did. I haven't got into the Kings of Convenience yet. there's just so much music!!!